(Swedish traditional Christmas Potato Gratin)
1 jar anchovies (125g) (if you really don’t feel like it, skip them)
3 dl whipping cream (cooking cream)
Juice from the anchovies
0,5 dl breadcrumbs
2 tbsps. Butter
1. Pre-heat the oven to 225° C.
2. Peel and slice the onions into thin slices.
3. Peel and cut potatoes into match size slices.
4. Fry the onions in some butter until they are translucent and soft.
5. Layer potatoes, anchovies (to taste) and these fried onions in a well-buttered baking form. Last layer should be potatoes.
6. Pour over the cream and little bit of the juice from anchovies .
7. Sprinkle over the bread crumbs and crumble small clicks of butter all over the top.
8. Bake for about 45-50 mins until potatoes are soft and have gotten a nice golden color on top.