Czech Traditional Sandwiches with Various Toppings
Ham and Cheese topping
2 hard-boiled eggs
2 triangles of Laughing Cow cheese
2 tbsps. Mayonnaise
1 tsp. mustard
1. Slice the ham, onion and eggs on very small pcs. Add laughing cow cheese, mayonnaise and mustard and mix well.
2. Spread the mixture on each baguette pc and decorate with parsley, more ham or salami, gherkins, salad leaves etc.
Camembert and Ham Topping
1 large Camembert cheese
100g philadelphia cheese/ or kvarg
100g ham (finelly chopped)
2 hard boiled eggs
1 onion (finelly chopped)
½ clove of crushed garlic
Salt and pepper
1. Grate the cheese, chopped the eggs, onion, ham and mix all together with the remaining ingredients.
2. Decorate you individula bread pcs and serve immediately or store in the fridge.
‘’Smörgåstårta’’ with Ham and Shrimps
Ingredients: (Serves 8 -10)
1 pc cake bottom or similar (Hönökaka, or white toast bread without edges)
40-50g smoked ham chopped in small pcs
1 jar crushed pineapple (without juice)
2-3 peeled finely chopped apples
S&S Gherkins (ca. 1 dl – also chopped)
–> Mix all together well.
About 8-10 large cooked eggs, chopped into not too small pcs (keep 1 -2 eggs for decoration)
4 g peeled shrimps, chopped in bigger pcs (save some whole ones for decoration)
–> Mix all together well. (can mix in some ketchup)
1 big jar of Soft cheese (Laughing cow type) (possibly mix in some chopped parsley) this should be spread all around the cake.
Decorate with salad leaves, cucumber slices, lemon slices, shrimps, ham, eggs, tomato roses, parsley etc.
Cooked Cod with Egg Sauce and Parsley
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
600 g cod file (can be frozen – defrost before cooking)
0.5 tsp. salt
5 dl fish stock cube
1.5 tbsp. Plain flour
3 dl milk
2 pinch salt
0.5 pinch white pepper
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
1. Hard boil the eggs. Peel and chop them, and put them aside in a bowl.
2. Whip together the flour and little bit of the milk in a pot. Add rest of the milk. Let it cook for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Put the sauce aside.
3. Bring the fish stock to boil in a pot. Cut the fish into portion size pieces. Salt them and put them in the fish stock. Cook it on a low heat under the cover for about 3 minutes.
4. Take out the fish and continue keeping it warm.
5. Bring the sauce to boil again. Carefully mix the parsley and eggs into the warm sauce. Serve the fish with the sauce, boiled potatoes and green peas.