Ingredients: (18 meringues)
210g egg whites
450g caster sugar (I used half)
280g walnuts (or coconut)
Walnut cream filling:
3 tbsp. icing sugar
2 tbsp. vanilla sugar
(1 egg yolk)
150g ground walnuts/coconut
5 tbsp. hot milk /or strong coffee
(2 tbsp. nutella)
- Pre heat the oven to 100 °C.
- Over a boiling pot of water whisk the egg whites and crystal sugar. (about 5 min)
- Take off the heat and mix in ground walnuts or coconut.
- Place oval shapes of this mixture onto a baking paper and dry it in the oven for about 1h -2h.
- Leave it in the oven afterwards over night to completely dry. They should easily come of the paper.
For the filling:
- Mix butter with icing sugar and vanilla sugar until it is nice and creamy (add egg yolk), and then add ground walnuts which you have soaked in 5 spoons of hot milk or coffee or nutella instead of walnuts.
- When the biscuits are nice and cold, glue them together with the walnut cream filling and stripe over melted chocolate.