450g frozen strawberries
2 sheets of gelatin (1,5-2sheets per 3dl pureed strawberries/liquid)
450ml whipped cream
2 tbsp. cherry jam or black currant jelly
½ sheet gelatin for the topping (1/2 sheet for 1dl of liquid)
- Mix the lightly defrosted strawberries in a food processor until they are pureed.
- Save about 1dl of them and pass them through a sieve to use later for the topping.
- Put the gelatin sheet in a cup with cold water to soften.
- Bring the pureed strawberries, water and sugar to boil.
- Take off the heat and add the softened gelatin.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks and carefully fold into the cooled strawberry mixture.
- At this point you can decide whether to bake a chocolate/vanilla cake as a base or just have this as a ‘’frozen/cold’’ strawberry cake.
- Pour the mixture into a cake ring (you can line it with fresh sliced strawberries) and cool for about 1h, either in the fridge or freezer.
- In the meantime prepare the gelatin topping, heat up the sieved strawberry pure mixed with cherry jam, take of the heat and stir in the gelatin.
- Cool it down a bit and pour over your set strawberry mousse cake.
- Cool in the fridge or freezer for further 30minutes.
- Decorate with mint leaves or some more fresh strawberries.