6 pc egg whites
1 dl caster sugar
100 g hazelnuts
300 g dark good quality chocolate 70%
12 dl whipping cream
1 tbsp. Cointreau
1 pc. Orange zest
Bottoms: (Pre heat oven to 150 °C)
- Whisk egg white and caster sugar to a hard foam.
- Mix hazelnuts in a food processer and mix them into the egg white foam.
- Measure out 3 same shaped circles on a baking paper.
- Pipe out or spread out the egg white mixture onto those circles and bake in the oven until crispy for about 50min. You can leave them in the oven in the remaining heat to dry.
- Melt 100 grams of chocolate in a water bath.
- Take off the heat and mix in 200g of finely chopped chocolate in the melted chocolate.
- Cool it a bit and spread out thinly into long ‘’tongues’’ on a baking paper with a back of a soup spoon or a palette.
- Let it harden. You can even spread it out thinner and then cut out squared pcs out of it when it has hardened.
- Brush even the bottoms with some melted chocolate on one side.
- Whip cream until fluffy with Cointreau and grated orange zest.
- Spread a layer of cream between each layer and even on top of the cake .
- Pipe out remaining of the cream in nice shapes on the top of the cake.
- Attach then the chocolate ’’tongues’’ all the way round the cake and some on top as well.