As you may have noticed I love sweet things, and I love nuts! When you combine the two…it’s ,y heaven.
This is perfect to have on the Christmas table, I can snack on it forever ….yummy…
80g caster sugar
50g walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts (chopped)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or oil one baking sheet with sunflower oil.
2. Put all the sugar in a saucepan on medium-medium high heat.
3. As the sugar melts, use a wooden spoon to move the mixture around in the saucepan.
4. When all has melted add the chopped nuts making sure that all of them get coated and none of the sugar stays in one place long enough to burn.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes at the most, until all of the sugar has melted and all of the nuts are coated (or immediately if you smell anything burning). Then, remove from heat and quickly spread the nuts out on the lined baking sheet to prevent them from drying in a clump.