This was a Halloween version.
This is one of the favorite cakes among most people, whenver it is my turn to bring cake to work this is one of them.
200g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
200g soft brown sugar (mascavado)
130 g sunflower oil
200g peeled and finely grated carrots
50g desiccated coconut
Roasted and crushed Hazelnuts for decoration
Frosting: (use this for inside the cake layers as well as around the cake deco)
100g softened butter
100g full fat soft cheese (Philadelphia)
400g icing sugar
2 tsp. Lemon juice
1. Lightly grease a 20cm inch cake tin with butter and flour.
2. Pre heat the oven to 180C.
3. Sieve flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon into a large bowl.
4. Dissolve the brown sugar in the sunflower oil so that there are not lumps left. Add the flour mixture, grated carrots, desiccated coconut and chopped walnuts.
5. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 20-25mins or until just firm to touch, leave to cool in the tin.
6. Meanwhile prepare the frosting,. In a bowl, beat together the butter, cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice until mixture is fluffy and creamy.
7. Turn the cake out of the tin and spread the frosting on top and decorate with walnuts.