This is a cake I make when unexpected guests arrive and I can bake it while cooking dinner and then cool it in the fridge …what I love about this cake is the variations you can do with it, choose whatever filling you like or topping by that matter and you’ll be the Queen of the Desserts !
My favorite however is Classical raspberry jam and whipped cream topping…or Coconut Butter Cream ….
1,5 dl caster sugar
½ tsp. lemon zest
2 dl plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla sugar
1 tbsp. water
(20 g cocoa if you want a chocolate version)
Butter cream filling:
200 g socker
60 g vatten
220 g äggula
450 g smör
1-2 dl fast sylt eller din favoritfyllning
Whipped cream and Raspberries:
2dl whipped cream
150 g room temperature butter
2,25 dl icing sugar
3 tsp. cocoa
3 tsp. vanilla sugar
3 tsp. powder coffee (1/2 dl strong espresso)
And / or
Coconut Topping: Roll cake with marmalade and butter cream filling and some light layer of butter cream on top and cover with coconut.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 250 °C.
2. Whisk eggs and sugar to a fluffy mixture. Grate some lemon zest in.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together and then add them to the egg mixture, add water as last.
4. Pour this mixture onto a baking tray covered with baking paper and bake in the middle of the oven for about 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle caster sugar over the new baked cake and turn it upside down over another baking paper.
6. When it has cooled down spread on your chosen filling and roll it together as tight as you can, you can keep the baking paper on it and store it in the fridge until serving.