• 3 eggs
• 2 1/2 dl crystal sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla sugar
• 75g melted butter
• 1 dl whipping cream or milk
• Zest of 1 lemon
• Juice from ½ lemon (1 tbl spoon)
• 3,5 dl plain flour
• 2 tsk bakpulver
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 dl of chocolate pieces or fruit (raspberries, blueberries etc) – optional
• Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees
• Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar.
• Add melted butter, milk/cream, lemon juice and zest.
• Mix flour with baking powder and add it to the egg mixture.
• Prepare your paper muffin trays on a baking tray.
• Pour some mixture into the muffin cups sprinkle some fruit or chocolate and top with the mixture again to about 2/3 of the muffin cup. (they will rise a lot so give them some space to do so)
• Bake in the middle of the over for about 15-20 minutes until they are ‘’dry’’ on the inside (check with a skewer).
When cooled they can be topped with some icing or frosting on top, same as the one for Carrot cake, but you can also add some melted chocolate in it to make it brown