Fried Breaded Mackerel
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
4 fillets of mackerel
Salt and pepper
2dl plain Flour
2dl bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for frying
1 lemon for garnish
1 dl lingon berries
1. Slice the fish into 8 equal pieces, remove any potential bones. Dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Prepare 1 deep plate with flour, 1 deep plate with whisked eggs and 1 with bread crumbs.
3. Coat each piece of fish with flour, egg and then bread crumbs. While coating, press the fish firmly in the batter so that it won’t come off the fish.
4. Pour vegetable oil in a frying pan and warm up until it is hot.
5. Fry the fish over low heat. Turn it over and cook some more on the other side.
6. Serve with cooked potatoes and lemon wedges and a nice green salad